How do you get rid of green copper smell?

You can wipe down the area with TSP (tri-sodium phosphate) or mineral spirits (paint thinner) or any kind of cleaner that dissolves or removes oil well. It is an oil based product that does not dry very fast when not on wood so it must be cleaned up.

Is copper green toxic to humans?

Oxine copper solutions are greenish brown, odorless, toxic to both wood decay fungi and insects, and have a low toxicity to humans and animals. Oxine copper can be dissolved in a range of hydrocarbon solvents, but provides protection much longer when it is delivered in heavy oil.

How long does it take for copper green smell to go away?

about 24 hours

Yes it has a strong odor, but that dissipates in about 24 hours.

Is copper naphthenate toxic?

Of all the chemicals used in pressure treatment for utility poles, bridge timbers and railroad crossties, copper naphthenate was the only non-restricted use product on the market. This meant that copper naphthenate has a toxicity profile that has been deemed safe for consumer use.

What does copper green do?

Copper-GreenĀ® Wood Preservative shields wooden surfaces from the elements, mold, mildew, rot, fungi, decay and wood-eating insects. The heavy-duty, solvent-based preservative protects new wood and highlights the weathering process and prevents future damage for old wood.

How do you remove Carbolineum from wood?


  1. Suitable as supplied for application by brush, spray or dip.
  2. Apply copiously in one or more coats until wood is saturated. …
  3. Wash equipment with MINERAL TURPENTINE (AZH 1) immediately after use.

What is in creosote?

Creosote is derived from the distillation of tar from wood or coal and is used as a wood preservative. Pesticide products containing creosote as the active ingredient are used to protect wood used outdoors (such as railroad ties and utility poles) against termites, fungi, mites and other pests.

Can you paint over copper naphthenate?

Yes, but with caution. Timber Preserver’s active ingredeint, Copper Naphthenate, is also used as a paint drier in oil based paints. As such it can be prone to colour bleed.