Why is my washer draining but not spinning?
Normally, your washing machine won’t go into a spin cycle until it’s been drained. The drainage hose may become clogged with debris from your clothing, or it could be kinked. If the hose is kinked or crushed, it will likely need to be replaced.
What causes a Kenmore washer not to spin?
If the clutch is worn out, it may prevent the tub from spinning. If the clutch band kit is worn out, replace it. The drive pulley connects to the washer drum and works with the drive belt and motor to rotate the drum. If the drive pulley is worn out, the drive belt might slip off, preventing the washer from spinning.
How do you reset a Kenmore washer that won’t spin?
Quote from the video:
Quote from Youtube video: The machine gives you 30 seconds to lift the lid and close. It six times and once you start lifting the lid. You have 12 seconds to do the six repetitions.
How do you reset a Kenmore washing machine?
How to Reset a Kenmore Elite HE Washer
- Press the “Stop” button twice, and then press the “Power” button. Video of the Day. …
- Choose a wash cycle (e.g. “Normal”), and then choose your wash options (e.g. “Hot/Cold” or “Cold/Cold”).
- Press the “Start” button to complete the reset process and restart the washing machine.
How do you fix a washing machine that will not spin?
How To Fix A Washer That Won’t Spin
- Lighten the load inside the washer. …
- Rebalance the load in the washing machine. …
- Check or repair the washing machine drain hose. …
- Check for blown fuses. …
- Check the washing machine lid safety switch. …
- Replace the drive belt in your washing machine. …
- Replace the motor in your washing machine.
How do you fix a washing machine that keeps draining?
If you find that your washing machine drain pump keeps running, the most common reason is due to a drain hose incorrectly positioned or it is clogged. The drain hose is located on the back of the washing machine and it should be placed in a standpipe coming out of the wall. First, check for any blockages in the hose.
How do you run a diagnostic on a Kenmore washer?
- With the washer empty, close the door.
- Push “control/on” or “Start”
- Select “Drain/Spin”
- Select “No Spin” by pressing SPIN SPEED touchpad.
- Push “PREWASH” option four times within 5 seconds. (If there is no PREWASH option, press RINSE HOLD 4 times in 5 seconds.)
- C:00 should light up and begin the diagnostic.
How do I reset my Kenmore front loading washer?
Turn off and unplug the machine. Plug the washer back in and wait for the control panel to light up. This resets the washer back to the original factory settings.
How do I troubleshoot my Kenmore washer?
Quote from the video:
Quote from Youtube video: Towards you then pull upwards then push back towards the rear of the washer. This will let you pivot the washer lid on the small metal pieces on the back of the washer.
Why is the spin cycle not working?
An unbalanced load of laundry is one of the most common causes of an inadequate spin cycle. Sometimes clothing can settle on one side of the drum, throwing off the motion of the washing machine. (This happens most often when washing large and heavy items like comforters or heavy coats.)
How do you know if washing machine motor is broken?
Set the multimeter on the lowest setting, or RX1. Touch a probe to a metal tab. You should get a 0 reading or a number near 0. An infinite reading indicates a failed motor.